Thursday 25 March 2010

Fifth Blog 17/03/10

Throughout this week I have continued researching for my extended proposal. After researching in more detail the audience for my programme idea, I have managed to find a style that fits this best. From this I have also decided that I will no longer be using Channel 4 as an option for my programme, and will now focus on More 4. More 4 style documentaries use a much more academic approach, allowing for the higher educated audience to take an interest. By using this channel as my main platform I can now develop further my main style. In terms of content, through more reading I found an article in Elle magazine. The article focused on feminism and the developments within the workplace concerning females. This included a variety of facts and figures which can be used to back up my extended proposal, and also due to content, has inspired me to continue looking into the risks that females face when trying to get ahead in a male dominated industry. Over the next week, leading to the Easter holidays, I would like to continue this research further, but would also like to become more investigative in terms of how I am finding my information. This will include me taking an active role as a female looking for work. I will contact employers, and work on getting an interview with somebody from an industry which is male dominated. If I can get this piece as a visual product, this will then be used in my final presentation in terms of content.
In terms of show-reel development, I have continued to look at past pieces of work, and see the strengths that, if included, these would bring to the product. Over the next week or so, I would like to compile these pieces, and find a set plan for the pieces I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment